Monday, January 17, 2011

The Balance of Nature

While the subject is OWLS, I thought it would be fun to share one of my Brazilian dimensional embroidery designs with you. 
     This is "The Balance of Nature"
I called it The Balance of Nature, but it reminds me of the poem, "There Was An Old Lady Who Swallowed A Fly". 
    Inside the owl's tummy are a cat, a bird, a mouse, some lovely Brazilian dimensional embroidery flowers, and the Ridged Blanket Stitch fern that I'll tutorialize soon. 
     Of course, Mom Nature balances out when you realize that the B.E. owl is inside the tummy of the bigger kitty with its picket sign. I bought the wooden plaque at the craft store and drew the kitty with the help of some ovals and triangles and lines on a MS Word file, and then I painted the kitty with acrylic paints.
     I kind of lost myself in the whimsy of the design, so I should know how lost that "surprised" little owl feels.  
     The post just below this one is what I recently wrote about transferring patterns with Sharpie pens -- not a good idea!

No comments:

Post a Comment