Tuesday, August 11, 2015

Cuthbert Takes Selfies. I Take Flowers

Cuthbert is my Norwegian Forest Cat and just celebrated his 12th birthday. Having nothing better to do, Cuthbert decides to take some selfies. 
"I am Cuthbert," says he, as he takes charge of the camera.
 
"I am fluffing myself up and putting on my cuteness as I get ready to shoot some selfies."

"I prepare the camera for my selfie":
"First must remove unwanted thumbs -- not mine!"
"Now must find my best side. This:"
"Or this:"
"Maybe this.  Yes, this:"
"Wait!  I have more.  And I have the camera...."
"Here are my glorious whiskers"

"....and my majestic chin:"

"My awesome eyeball:"
"--And my spectacular nose."
"Aaah, words fail me; I have run out of adjectives, so will just share:"
"I hope you have enjoyed these photos. I will return the camera now."
Exhaustion sets in for Cuthbert. He feels the need of a nap:
And since I (Rosalie) now have the camera, I'm going to share some flowers from my August Oregon garden, taken just this afternoon. The foliage was so pretty, I decided to take these pictures. Here is a fern:

These next two photos are from a filipendula (Common Name: Queen of the Prairie - lovely pink fluffs of color outside my kitchen window in late spring):
 
And a ginkgo that struggles to survive beneath a ravenous wisteria:
 
My favorite time is to wander around our garden with my camera and come upon lovely surprises like this blue hibiscus that I planted several years ago (I almost forgot it was there!):
This hardy fuchsia has also been coming up for the past several years - I have it as a treat for our little hummingbirds - it's also just outside my kitchen window and just recently loaded itself up with flowers:
 

Here is a carnation I planted just this spring:

Also new is this little portulaca that I liked because of the colors:

This verbena is a favorite of the swallowtail butterflies that float through our yard:
And this zinnia is a reminder that autumn is not too far away:
Well, that was fun. I think I'll draw some pictures now, so I can write about Brazilian embroidery again. I hope you have enjoyed this show. Cuthbert does, too.
Rosalie

 

2 comments:

  1. Love your kittys! I was curious about the plant next to Cuthbert's bed! It looks like a citrus tree to my untrained eye? Could I be even close? Also the velvety texture of that carnation is so beautiful. You would never get that depth of texture in a commercial flower. It is lovely. Now Cuthbert, go get your mama and tell her a nice lady left a message saying how beautiful you are!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your kittys! I was curious about the plant next to Cuthbert's bed! It looks like a citrus tree to my untrained eye? Could I be even close? Also the velvety texture of that carnation is so beautiful. You would never get that depth of texture in a commercial flower. It is lovely. Now Cuthbert, go get your mama and tell her a nice lady left a message saying how beautiful you are!

    ReplyDelete